The function of the Legal Redress Committee is to:
- Acknowledge receipt of all complaints in a timely fashion;
- Investigate all cases that have been identified as discriminatory;
- Provide support to complainants which may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing information that complainants can use to address or remedy their situation
- Facilitating/participating in meetings
- Writing emails or letters
- Referring for legal services
- Monitor all litigation in which the branch is interested; and
- Keep the conference informed on the progress of every case.
The Legal Redress Committee (LRC) shall not give legal advice
Please note, if the incident leading to your complaint occurred outside of Fairfax County, you will need to contact the chapter located in the county in which the incident occurred. Incidents that occur outside of Fairfax County are not within in jurisdiction so we will not be able to assist you.