Join us in the fight for a better FCPD
The Fairfax County NAACP does not have confidence in the process by which the new Police Chief was hired, nor in its results. We remain steadfast in our request that the County release Kevin Davis and, in collaboration with the community, conduct a transparent search for a new Police Chief together.
Join us by letting your supervisor or elected official know that Kevin Davis needs to be released and we must have a new, honest search for chief of FCPD.
Here are several ways you can help us:
Call/Email your Supervisor
Voice your concern to your county supervisor.
You can say something like:
- “Hello, my name is ______ and I am a resident of Fairfax County. I am calling with deep concerns about the recent hiring of Kevin Davis as police chief. In my opinion (enter your opinion-it is important to enter your personal account). I urge you and your colleagues to release Kevin Davis and restart your police chief search so we can ensure our county is safe for all of its residents.”
- “Hello my name is _______ and I am calling to express my concern for Kevin Davis being Fairfax County’s newest police chief. I do not believe he is the best person for this job because (enter your opinion) and I am asking that you release Chief Davis and begin a new search for police chief. The safety of our residents depend on your swift and immediate action.”
Post Messages to your Supervisor’s Social Media Pages
Posting on social media is a great way to publicly voice your concerns and make sure elected officials hear from you. You can find your supervisor’s contact information by visiting the board’s website and clicking on their name. At the top will be their social media pages. Express your concerns on their Facebook page or tagging them on Twitter.
Here are a few tips:
- Consider tagging the county official if they have a profile, this ensures they see your message.
- Make your post short and sweet.
- Ask your followers to share your message or share a message of their own
Here are a few options for posts you can share:
- “Fairfax County MUST release @CommishKDavis. Kevin Davis was never fit to be police chief and now we have to right this wrong for our community. Do the right thing (tag your local elected official)!”
- As One Fairfax, we cannot have a police chief that doesn’t reflect our values. Kevin Davis is not the man for the job. (add personal opinion). We demand the County release Kevin Davis and begin a new search for a chief. Our lives depend on it! We need (tag your elected official) to act, and to act now.
- As a Fairfax County resident I am deeply concerned about the hiring of Kevin Davis. In my personal experience (add personal story). I urge (tag elected official) to release Kevin Davis and restart the search so that we can keep our communities safe.
Click here for image options to use in your posts.
Share our Messages on your Social Media Pages
We may be ignored, but we won’t be silent. Help us make the County do the right thing. Our lives depend on it.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com